SEC short-selling ban to expire Wednesday night
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission announced on Friday its ban on financial stock short-selling will expire at 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 8.
Earlier in the week, the SEC said the ban would expire three business days after a $700 billion federal bailout bill was enacted by Congress. The emergency ban was part of a series of government measures designed to restore confidence in battered markets and the ailing financial system.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |