UPDATE 1-Enodis sees FY profit ahead of its view
*Full year profit boosted by strong trading, cost cuts
*Food equipment sales up 5 percent
*Takeover by Manitowoc to be completed Oct 27
(Adds detail from statement)
LONDON, Oct 14 (Reuters) - British kitchen equipment maker Enodis Plc ENO.L said Tuesday it expects full-year pre-exceptional operating profit to beat its previous estimates, on strong trading and cost-cutting actions.
The company, which U.S cranes and restaurant equipment maker Manitowoc Inc (MTW.N) agreed to buy in a deal worth some $2.7 billion in June, said 52-week like-for-like food equipment sales were up 5 percent.
Enodis, which supplies fast-food fryers to customers including Burger King BKC.N and McDonald's (MCD.N), said its takeover by Manitowoc will become effective on Oct. 27, at which point its London listing will be cancelled. (Reporting by Victoria Bryan; Editing by David Cowell)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions