Britney Spears to tour next spring
NASHVILLE (Billboard) - Britney Spears is gearing up for a tour next spring, her first outing since 2004, sources said.
The arena trek will help promote her new album, "Circus," due December 2 via Jive Records. The first single, "Womanizer," is expected to leap into the upper reaches of the Billboard Hot 100 this week after first-week download sales are factored into the chart. The chart will be published on Thursday.
Spears' 2004 tour grossed more than $34 million, according to Billboard Boxscore. In the ensuing years, her career was derailed by a litany of personal and professional woes.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |