Dollar erases losses versus yen as stocks soar
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The U.S. dollar rebounded against the yen on Friday as stocks on Wall Street extended gains.
The dollar rose as high as 101.73 yen before pulling back to last trade at 101.68 yen, up 0.1 percent on the day.
U.S. stocks vaulted sharply higher in volatile trade, driving the Dow back above 9,000 as reassuring results from Google Inc (GOOG.O) and IBM (IBM.N) buoyed the technology sector and energy stocks rose with oil.
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California