Carl Icahn's 177-ft motor yacht up for sale
BOSTON (Reuters) - Wanted: A buyer for billionaire investor Carl Icahn's 177-foot motor yacht.
Brokerage firm Northrop & Johnson listed Icahn's yacht, Starfire, this week.
The vessel "boasts accommodations for 12 guests in six luxurious staterooms," the brokers wrote, adding that Starfire has a helicopter pad and Quantum Zero speed stabilizers.
Icahn was among a few ranked 46th in a list of the world's richest people published by Forbes magazine in March, with a net worth of roughly $14 billion.
He is a veteran activist shareholder who has taken stakes in many companies.
Icahn was not available to comment on why he is selling the yacht.
(Reporting by Svea Herbst-Bayliss and Mark McSherry, editing by Richard Chang)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- 'Good night': Haunting final contact from missing Malaysian jet |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |