Backyard Football(R) '09 Kicks Off to North American Retailers
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
- #1 Kids Football Videogame Releases With All-New Features - NEW YORK, Oct. 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Touchdown! Atari, Inc. announced today the release of Backyard Football '09, the newest installment of the best-selling youth football videogame franchise of all time, for Wii(TM), Nintendo DS(TM), Playstation(R)2 computer entertainment system and PC. Featuring an all-new Pro Bowl and tournament modes, Backyard Football '09 is the only kid's videogame licensed by the National Football League (NFL) and NFL PLAYERS and includes an updated roster of superstars from all 32 NFL teams as kids. With all the excitement of real football, Backyard Football '09 returns with hard-hitting 7 on 7 action along with awesome new play modes including the Pro-Bowl and tournament modes which allow gamers to play a whole season with complete stats and standings. Multiple levels, unlockables, power-ups and a Backyard Hall of Fame where kids can compare their season scores and stats online add to the seemingly limitless gameplay. Team up with a neighborhood full of crazy Backyard Kids and face-off with superstar NFL pros as kids including Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Brian Urlacher, Eli Manning Reggie Bush, Frank Gore and many more in this feature-packed game. Consistently ranked the #1 kids' football videogame, Backyard Football '09 combines realistic NFL plays and strategies with wild arcade-style power moves and comical scenarios so kids can learn the fundamentals of football while having fun. The game lets players customize their football players and teams, choose the season, style, location, pace, and strategy of the game and play a full season or single games. Kid-friendly and non-violent, Backyard Football '09 features multiple levels so it is easy enough for beginners, yet challenging enough for even die-hard young football fans. Backyard Football '09 is rated E for Everyone and is available in retailers across North America for Wii(TM) ($39.99), Nintendo DS(TM) ($29.99), PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system ($19.99), and PC ($19.99). Backyard Football is part of the Backyard Sports series, the only game brand licensed by ALL professional US sports leagues: National Football League (NFL), PLAYERS INC, Major League Baseball, Major League Baseball Players Association, National Basketball Association, Major League Soccer, and National Hockey League. Since 1996, the franchise has sold nearly 15 million units and has received over a hundred awards. What's more, according to an independent study, 15 percent of boys in the United States ages five to 10 own at least one Backyard Sports game. About Humongous, Inc. Humongous, Inc. produces the award-winning Backyard Sports videogames series--the best selling sports gaming franchise for kids. Founded in 1992, Humongous (formerly Humongous Entertainment) is part of Atari, Inc. Along with Backyard Sports, Humongous is recognized for high-quality, animated CD-ROMs starring original characters. For more information: www.backyardsports.com About Atari, Inc. One of the world's most recognized brands, New York-based Atari, Inc. is a third-party publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment software in the U.S. The Company's 1,000+ titles include hard-core, genre-defining franchises such as Test Drive(R) and mass-market and children's franchises such as Dragon Ball Z(R). Atari, Inc. is a majority-owned subsidiary of France-based Infogrames Entertainment SA (Euronext - ISIN: FR-0000052573), the largest interactive games publisher in Europe. For more information, visit www.atari.com. Safe Harbor Statement With the exception of the historical information contained in this release, the matters described herein contain certain "forward-looking statements" that are made pursuant to the Safe Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements in this release are not promises or guarantees and are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially from those anticipated. These statements are based on management's current expectations and assumptions and are naturally subject to uncertainty and changes in circumstances. We caution you not to place undue reliance upon any such forward-looking statements. Actual results may vary materially from those expressed or implied by the statements herein. Some of the factors which could cause our results to differ materially include the following: the loss of key customers, such as Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, and GameStop; delays in product development and related product release schedules; inability to secure capital; loss of our credit facilities, adapting to the rapidly changing industry technology, including new console technology; maintaining relationships with leading independent videogame software developers; maintaining or acquiring licenses to intellectual property; fluctuations in the Company's quarterly net revenues and results of operations based on the seasonality of our industry; the termination or modification of our agreements with hardware manufacturers; and other factors described in our SEC filings. The Company undertakes no duty to update any forward-looking statements to conform the statement to actual results or changes in the Company's expectations. (C) 2008, Atari, Inc. All rights reserved. ATARI and the ATARI logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Atari Interactive, Inc. or its affiliates. (C)2008 NFL Properties LLC. Team names and logos are trademarks of the team indicated. All other (NFL-related marks) are trademarks of the National Football League. Officially licensed product of NFL PLAYERS. Visit NFLPLAYERS.COM Wii and Nintendo DS are trademarks of Nintendo. (C) 2006 Nintendo. "PlayStation" and the "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Tom Brady is represented by Steve Dubin and Donald Yee of Los Angeles-based Yee & Dubin Sports The ESRB rating icons are registered trademarks of the Entertainment Software Association. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. SOURCE Atari, Inc. Beth Mellow, Dan Klores Communications for Atari, Inc., email@example.com
- Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Four-way talks call for end to Ukraine violence |
- California city evacuation lifted after military ordnance found
- Divers enter capsized South Korean ferry in hunt for survivors |