UPDATE 1-Mformation sues RIM for patent infringement
TORONTO Oct 31 (Reuters) - Handset management software firm Mformation Technologies said on Friday it has sued BlackBerry maker Research In Motion RIM.TO RIMM.O, claiming patent infringement.
New Jersey-based Mformation claims RIM has infringed two of its patents by making and selling the BlackBerry and the BlackBerry's management software. It did not specify what remedies it is seeking.
"After refusing to license Mformation's disclosed systems and software, RIM modified its BlackBerry software to include Mformation's patented systems and methods of remote management," Mformation said.
RIM was not immediately available for comment. (Reporting by Wojtek Dabrowski; editing by Rob Wilson)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source