Obama boosts "Daily Show" to new record
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Comedy Central's "The Daily Show With Jon Stewart" pulled in its biggest audience ever Wednesday night.
The 11 p.m. episode, which featured an appearance by presidential candidate Barack Obama, averaged 3.6 million total viewers, beating by 600,000 viewers the previous record set October 8 when his wife Michelle Obama appeared on the show.
At 11:30 p.m., "Colbert Report" also had its most-watched episode ever, drawing 2.4 million viewers.
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video