Obama wants economic stimulus package passed quickly
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama said on Friday he wanted Congress to pass another stimulus package as soon as possible to stabilize the U.S. economy.
"We are going to need to see a stimulus package passed either before or after the inauguration (on January 20). I want to see a stimulus package sooner rather than later," Obama told a news conference in Chicago after meeting his economic advisers.
(Writing by Ross Colvin, Editing by Chizu Nomiyama.)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Hong Kong crisis deepens after weekend clashes, talks set for Tuesday |
- World stocks advance on strong data, earnings