Dell not to launch music player before holidays: report
(Reuters) - Dell Inc has decided not to launch its ambitious digital music player tied to online entertainment software before the holidays, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing a person familiar with the matter.
Earlier this year, Dell was testing prototypes of a mini MP3 player based on an entertainment software called Zing, for an expected fall release, the paper said citing people familiar with the matter.
The company had finally decided to hold off on the music player indefinitely but to proceed with the Zing software, the paper said citing a source.
Zing software organizes downloaded music and movies on PCs.
Dell could not be immediately reached for comment by Reuters.
(Reporting by Supantha Mukherjee in Bangalore)
- Israel keeps up Gaza assault; diplomats seek ceasefire |
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake': U.S. officials
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad
- UPDATE 4-Train carrying MH17 bodies reaches government-held Ukrainian city