Nintendo says sold over 800,000 Wii in U.S. in Oct
SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Nintendo Co Ltd 7974.OS sold 803,210 Wii video game consoles in the United States in October, continuing the console's lead as the country's best-selling video game console, the company said on Thursday, citing figures from market research firm NPD.
Nintendo, which competes with Sony Corp (6758.T) and Microsoft Corp (MSFT.O), sold 491,176 units of its DS handheld gaming device in October.
Three games made for Nintendo hardware were ranked in the top five best-selling games of October, including the second placed game, "Wii Fit." Other top sellers included "Mario Kart Wii," which came in fourth, and "Wii Play," which placed fifth.
(Reporting by Jennifer Martinez)
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video