EU bans Siem Reap Airways, all Angolan carriers
BRUSSELS Nov 14 (Reuters) - The European Commission banned Cambodia's Siem Reap Airways International from operating in the European Union and extended a ban on TAAG Angola Airlines to all carriers certified in Angola, citing safety concerns.
The Commission, executive arm of the 27-country EU, on Friday also maintained a ban on all operations of Ukraine Mediterranean Airlines and Ukraine Cargo Airways, saying they had failed to deal with previous safety concerns.
"The European Commission will pursue actively its dialogue with all states ... to ensure that they conform to internationally required levels of air safety on a sustainable basis," EU Transport Commissioner Antonio Tajani said. (Reporting by Bate Felix, editing by Dale Hudson)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Doctor with Ebola in Manhattan hospital after return from Guinea |
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Ground offensive against Islamic State months away in Iraq: U.S.
- Stress tests, Ebola cool global stocks after best week of year