Indonesia tsunami warning after Sulawesi quake
JAKARTA Nov 17 (Reuters) - Indonesia issued a tsunami warning after a strong earthquake struck in the area of northern Sulawesi, the country's meteorological agency said via a telephone text message on Monday.
The quake had magnitude of 7.7 and struck in the Gorontalo area of Sulawesi island at a shallow depth of 10 km (6.2 miles), the agency said. (Reporting by Telly Nathalia, Writing by Ed Davies; Editing by Kevin Liffey)
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data