U.S. bank shares plummet
(Reuters) - Shares of U.S. banks fell on Thursday. Highlights:
* Citigroup Inc (C.N) shares fall as much as 25.5 percent to $4.77
* Bank of America Corp (BAC.N) shares fall as much as 10.6 percent to $11.68
* JPMorgan Chase & Co (JPM.N) shares fall as much as 18.5 percent to $23.21
* S&P financials index .GSPF falls as much as 8.5 percent
* Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS.N) shares fall as much as 11.1 percent to $49.00
* Morgan Stanley (MS.N) shares fall as much as 12.2 percent to $9.00
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote
Protesters respond to calls to defend their demonstration from possible police intervention. Slideshow