- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Singer Amy Winehouse admitted to hospital
LONDON (Reuters) - Singer Amy Winehouse is in hospital after reacting badly to medication, a spokesman said on Tuesday.
The 25-year-old Grammy winner was admitted to a clinic after falling ill on Sunday and has been kept there for tests. Winehouse was taken to hospital for a similar complaint in July.
The singer is best known for her breakthrough album "Back to Black" and landed five Grammy awards earlier in the year, but her career has been overshadowed by a battle against drug addiction and bouts of illness.
Her husband, Blake Fielder-Civil, was released on parole last month after spending around a year in prison, on condition he checked into a drug rehabilitation center. He had been jailed for trying to cover up an attack on a pub landlord.
(Reporting by Mike Collett-White)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this