- Shooting death of gay man rocks New York's cradle of gay rights
- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift big winners at Billboard Awards
- Hezbollah steps up Syria battle, Israel threatens more strikes |
- Powerful tornadoes strike in four central U.S. states |
Disgruntled 8-year-old boy crashes teacher's car
BERLIN (Reuters) - An eight-year-old German schoolboy who wanted to complain to his mother about being sent out of class took his teacher's car and crashed it, police said.
The boy, banished from class for disrupting a lesson, pinched the 40-year-old teacher's car key when she was not looking and managed to start up her compact car, accelerating and putting the vehicle into first gear.
"The little fellow drove for about 25 m (yards) before crashing into a Volvo, also parked in the car park outside the school," a police spokesman in the eastern German city of Zwickau said on Thursday.
The boy later told police he had wanted to drive home to his mother to complain about the teacher sending him out of class.
Police estimated he caused 8,000 euros ($10,340) of damage.
(Reporting by Josie Cox; editing by Michael Roddy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this