Madonna tour grosses $91.5 million
NASHVILLE (Billboard) - The 28 dates on Madonna's just-concluded North American jaunt grossed about $91.5 million and moved about 550,000 tickets, according to tour producer Arthur Fogel, chairman of global music for Live Nation.
The venerable performer wrapped the North American leg of her Sticky & Sweet tour Wednesday in front of 50,000 people at Dolphin Stadium in Miami. She then headed to Mexico City for shows Saturday and Sunday.
Counting her European run, Madonna is at about $207.5 million in ticket sales and on a pace to hit about $282 million when the Mexico/South America leg of the tour wraps. That would make Sticky & Sweet the top-grossing tour ever by a female artist or solo artist.
The tour, supporting her album "Hard Candy," concludes with three nights December 18-21 in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Hong Kong police use pepper spray to disperse pro-democracy protesters |
- Putin calls for talks on east Ukraine 'statehood'; rebels fire on ship |
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
- Pakistani protesters push closer to PM house, force TV off the air |
- Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke