UPDATE 1-Acclarent cancels $86.3 million IPO
NEW YORK Dec 5 (Reuters) - Acclarent Inc, a California maker of devices to treat sinusitis, withdrew its application on Friday for an initial public offering, citing "unfavorable market conditions," according to a regulatory filing.
Acclarent had filed for an $86.3 million IPO in June but becomes the 90th company to withdraw an IPO in 2008.
The company was to have used the proceeds of the deal to develop its sales and marketing efforts, and for physician training and research and development, the filing said.
The deal was to have been underwritten by JP Morgan (JPM.N) and Piper Jaffray.
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |