Allergan eyelash drug wins US panel backing
ROCKVILLE, Md. (Reuters) - An Allergan Inc (AGN.N) glaucoma drug is safe and effective enough for U.S. regulators to approve cosmetic use to lengthen and thicken eyelashes, a U.S. advisory panel unanimously ruled on Friday.
The drug is known generically as bimatoprost and is sold for glaucoma under the name Lumigan. Allergan estimates the eyelash use could fetch more than $500 million in global sales per year.
(Reporting by Susan Heavey; editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |