UPDATE 1-Valero says L.A.-area refinery hydrotreater shut
(Adds further company comment)
HOUSTON Dec 15 (Reuters) - Valero Energy Corp (VLO.N) said a gas oil hydrotreater was shut after a steam header failed on Monday morning at its 135,000 barrel per day (bpd) Los Angeles-area refinery in Wilmington, California.
Valero began restarting the hydrotreater on Monday afternoon, but does not expect to know how production will be affected at the refinery until Tuesday, said spokesman Bill Day.
"We don't expect the upset to have a serious impact on production at this point, but we won't know until tomorrow," Day said in a statement. (Reporting by Erwin Seba; Editing by Marguerita Choy)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data