Jets' Ellis fined for throwing snowball at fans
NEW YORK (Reuters) - New York Jets defensive end Shaun Ellis has been fined $10,000 by the NFL for throwing snow into the crowd during Sunday's defeat at Seattle.
After Seattle fans had thrown snow at some Jets players, Ellis responded by throwing some snow toward the fans.
"Shaun Ellis was fined $10,000 for tossing a large snow clump in the direction of fans. Players are notified prior to each season that any contact with fans that potentially presents crowd-control issues and risk of injury is prohibited," an NFL spokesman said.
"Players are informed that they must not confront fans at any time on game day and must leave those types of issues to security personnel," added the spokesman.
The Seahawks beat the Jets 13-3 to end the New York team's play-off hopes.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details |