Springsteen hits album due via Wal-Mart
NEW YORK (Billboard) - Wal-Mart will be the exclusive U.S. retailer for Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band's "Greatest Hits," which will arrive January 13, two weeks before the group's new Columbia studio album, "Working on a Dream."
The 12-track set omits material from Springsteen's albums without the E Street Band to round up classics such as "Born to Run," "Thunder Road," "Born in the U.S.A." and "Darkness on the Edge of Town."
Both "Greatest Hits" and "Working on a Dream" will be in stores when Springsteen and company perform at the Super Bowl XLIII halftime show on February 1 in Tampa, Fla. Like last year's "Magic," the new album was produced by Brendan O'Brien.
Meanwhile, Springsteen made a surprise appearance Monday night at the fourth Hope Concert in Red Bank, N.J., which also featured Jon Bon Jovi and Southside Johnny. Springsteen performed "Run Run Rudolph" with Bon Jovi and then played "Merry Christmas Baby," "Santa Claus Is Coming to Town," "634-5789," "Avenue" and "Having a Party" with the house band.
Here is the track list for "Greatest Hits":
"Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)"
"Born To Run"
"Darkness on the Edge of Town"
"Dancing in the Dark"
"Born in the U.S.A."
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions