Gazprom says Ukraine blocked 3 key pipes to Europe
BERLIN Jan 6 (Reuters) - Ukraine blocked three key gas pipelines to Europe last night which means Russia's Gazprom (GAZP.MM) cannot deliver gas to European nations, the company's Deputy Chief Executive Alexander Medvedev said on Tuesday.
He also said Gazprom would try to use alternative delivery routes to avoid a crisis and he did not see Ukraine returning to the negotiating table for now.
He spoke to reporters after meeting German Economy Minister Michael Glos.
Russian gas supplies via Ukraine to south-eastern Europe and Turkey were halted on Tuesday and Austria and the Czech Republic reported sharp falls in supplies in a deepening row between Moscow and Kiev.
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data