Suzuki halts production in Hungary due gas shortage
BUDAPEST Jan 7 (Reuters) - The Hungarian unit of Japanese car maker Suzuki halted production on Wednesday after Hungary imposed restrictions on industrial users of gas, a Suzuki spokeswoman, Viktoria Ruska said.
Ruska was quoted as saying by the national news agency MTI that they expected to restart production on Monday.
Suzuki is one of Hungary's biggest exporters.
Russian gas imports via Ukraine to Hungary completely stopped on Tuesday and did not resume on Wednesday. (Reporting by Sandor Peto; Editing by Charles Dick)
- Sunken Korea ferry relatives give DNA swabs to help identify dead |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Japan expands army footprint for first time in 40 years, risks angering China
- Mediator heads to east Ukraine, seeking surrenders |