Suzuki halts production in Hungary due gas shortage
BUDAPEST Jan 7 (Reuters) - The Hungarian unit of Japanese car maker Suzuki halted production on Wednesday after Hungary imposed restrictions on industrial users of gas, a Suzuki spokeswoman, Viktoria Ruska said.
Ruska was quoted as saying by the national news agency MTI that they expected to restart production on Monday.
Suzuki is one of Hungary's biggest exporters.
Russian gas imports via Ukraine to Hungary completely stopped on Tuesday and did not resume on Wednesday. (Reporting by Sandor Peto; Editing by Charles Dick)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |