Russia orders Gazprom to stop Ukraine gas flow
MOSCOW Jan 7 (Reuters) - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin ordered gas export monopoly Gazprom (GAZP.MM) to halt gas supplies via Ukraine on Wednesday, Russian news agencies reported.
In a meeting with Putin, Gazprom chief executive Alexei Miller proposed halting deliveries of gas to the Russian-Ukraine border because Kiev was siphoning off the fuel, Interfax news agency reported.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad