Russia orders Gazprom to stop Ukraine gas flow
MOSCOW Jan 7 (Reuters) - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin ordered gas export monopoly Gazprom (GAZP.MM) to halt gas supplies via Ukraine on Wednesday, Russian news agencies reported.
In a meeting with Putin, Gazprom chief executive Alexei Miller proposed halting deliveries of gas to the Russian-Ukraine border because Kiev was siphoning off the fuel, Interfax news agency reported.
- Six killed, including four children, in Houston-area shooting
- Israel pursues punishing Gaza offensive for a third day |
- Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
- Anger mounts as Germany unearths second U.S. spy suspect
- Chinese hackers pursue key data on U.S. workers: NYT