Russia orders Gazprom to stop Ukraine gas flow
MOSCOW Jan 7 (Reuters) - Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin ordered gas export monopoly Gazprom (GAZP.MM) to halt gas supplies via Ukraine on Wednesday, Russian news agencies reported.
In a meeting with Putin, Gazprom chief executive Alexei Miller proposed halting deliveries of gas to the Russian-Ukraine border because Kiev was siphoning off the fuel, Interfax news agency reported.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |