Menswear designer leaves fashion house Valentino
MILAN (Reuters Life!) - Menswear designer Ferruccio Pozzoni has left Valentino, the Italian fashion house said on Monday.
Pozzoni, who previously worked at Prada and men's tailor Brioni, began collaborating with Valentino in September 2007 with the Fall/Winter 2008/09 collection.
"In accordance with both sides, Mr Ferruccio Pozzoni and Valentino SpA have decided not to renew the consultancy contract, which refers to Mr Pozzoni's creative guide of Valentino Men's collection," Valentino said in a statement.
It added that Pozzoni would complete his role with the commercial presentation of Valentino's men's Fall/Winter 2009/2010 collection on January 17. Milan's menswear fashion week begins on Saturday and runs until January 20.
Monday's announcement comes after the departure of designer Alessandra Facchinetti in October.
Facchinetti took over from founding designer Valentino Garavani, whose floor-sweeping gowns were a favorite with European royalty and Hollywood stars, when he retired in January last year.
Valentino named Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pier Paolo Piccioli as creative directors for all product categories in October.
Valentino Fashion Group was bought by private equity group Permira in 2007. Valentino is trying to broaden the brand's appeal and lure younger customers.
(Editing by Paul Casciato)
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source