Maersk Odense shipyard to produce smaller ships
COPENHAGEN Jan 21 (Reuters) - Danish shipping and oil group A.P. Moller-Maersk (MAERSKb.CO) on Wednesday said it Lindo Odense shipyard would concentrate on producing smaller ships in the future as part of a new business model.
"Large parts of the market for newbuildings have collapsed," Maersk said in a statement. "This has accelerated and increased the necessity for a decision on a new business model."
Maersk said that Lindo would concentrate on producing smaller ships, including, potentially, ships for offshore oil and gas production, but that this would not effect the current order book.
Maersk also said it would invite external businesses to the Lindo area where they could produce heavy steel products in shared facilities with the Danish group.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay over $50 billion in Yukos case
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- Europe nervy as Russian assets hit by new sanctions talk
- Ukraine troops advance as experts renew attempt to reach crash site