Obama: Oil dependence, climate change endanger security
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Monday that U.S. foreign oil dependence and climate change posed urgent threats to America's national security.
Obama said at the White House it would be his administration's objective to reverse U.S. dependence on foreign sources of oil. "I cannot promise a quick fix," he said during a ceremony at the White House to announce new energy and climate change initiatives.
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- Separatists say will allow 'trapped' Ukrainian forces to withdraw |
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- Comedian Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' at hospital |