Obama: Oil dependence, climate change endanger security
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Monday that U.S. foreign oil dependence and climate change posed urgent threats to America's national security.
Obama said at the White House it would be his administration's objective to reverse U.S. dependence on foreign sources of oil. "I cannot promise a quick fix," he said during a ceremony at the White House to announce new energy and climate change initiatives.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |