Obama: Oil dependence, climate change endanger security
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama said on Monday that U.S. foreign oil dependence and climate change posed urgent threats to America's national security.
Obama said at the White House it would be his administration's objective to reverse U.S. dependence on foreign sources of oil. "I cannot promise a quick fix," he said during a ceremony at the White House to announce new energy and climate change initiatives.
- Anger mounts after bodies found trapped inside sunken South Korean ferry |
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- Special Report: How the U.S. made its Putin problem worse
- Search resumes after Everest's worst climbing tragedy
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official