Nippon Sheet Glass to cut 5,800 workers, sees loss
TOKYO Jan 29 (Reuters) - Japan's Nippon Sheet Glass (5202.T) said on Thursday it would cut 5,800 employees, or about 15 percent of its global work force, by March 2010.
The company, which competes with Japan's Asahi Glass Co (5201.T) and France's Saint-Gobain (SGOB.PA), also said it now expects to post a 22 billion yen ($244.2 million) net loss for the year to March 2009 instead of the previously forecast 9 billion yen profit. (Reporting by Nathan Layne)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Analysis: Boeing bidders dangle goodies to win 777X jetliner