Zimbabwe opens up to multiple currencies
HARARE (Reuters) - Zimbabweans will be allowed to conduct business in multiple currencies, alongside the Zimbabwean dollar, in an attempt to tackle soaring inflation, acting Finance Minister Patrick Chinamasa said on Thursday.
"In the hyper-inflationary environment characterizing the economy, our people are now using multiple currencies alongside the Zimbabwean dollar. These include the (South African) rand, U.S. dollar, Botswana pula, euro and British pound among others," he said in a budget speech.
- Malaysian plane may have flown hours after losing contact - WSJ |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- UPDATE 1-U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ
- U.S. investigators suspect missing Malaysian plane flew for hours -WSJ