Japan's NEC says to cut groupwide workforce by 20,000
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's NEC Corp (6701.T)said on Friday it would cut its groupwide workforce by 20,000 people, and look for ways to exit its industrial liquid-crystal display-related business.
The job cut, to take place by March 2010, includes a previously announced staff reduction by NEC Electronics. As of the end of December, the group employed 150,000 people.
(Reporting by Sachi Izumi)
- Vice principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach
- East Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |