O'Donnell, LL Cool J eye roles in "NCIS" spinoff
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J are in talks to star in CBS' "NCIS" spinoff.
The pilot for an offshoot from the hit police procedural series will air as an episode of "NCIS" this spring, just as the pilot for "NCIS" aired as an episode of "JAG."
O'Donnell would play Callen, an average guy born to do undercover work as the ultimate chameleon, taking on different identities.
LL Cool J is eyed for the role of Sam Hannah, a former U.S. Navy Seal who is tough but charming.
In 2006, the network signed the actor-rapper to a rich development deal, which led to him starring in the 2007 CBS pilot "The Man."
- Search resumes for hundreds missing in South Korean ferry disaster |
- Separatists take armored vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |