- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- UK fighters escort Pakistan plane to airport, two arrests
- Arizona jury foreman says believed Jodi Arias was abused
- Judge rules against 'America's toughest sheriff' in racial profiling lawsuit
- Stockholm calmer but violence spreads outside Swedish capital |
FACTBOX-Security developments in Iraq, Feb 7
Feb 7 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq at 1800 GMT on Saturday:
* denotes a new or updated item.
* KERBALA - Gunmen kidnapped Talib al-Masoudi, who ran in Jan. 31 provincial elections as a candidate from the Shi'ite Fadhila party, from the Husseiniya neighbourhood in Kerbala, 80 km (50 miles) south of Baghdad, police said.
* BAGHDAD - A roadside bomb in the Mansour neighbourhood of western Baghdad wounded two policemen, police said.
MOSUL - A militant wounded a policeman when he hurled a hand-grenade at a police checkpoint in central Mosul, 390 km (240 miles), north of Baghdad, police said.
MOSUL - Iraqi police arrested a gunman after clashing with him in western Mosul, police said.
BALAD - Iraqi police killed three militants including a Syrian national, and arrested another 13 suspected militants near Balad, 80 km (50 miles), north of Baghdad, police said.
TAL AFAR - Gunmen in a speeding car opened fire and killed two civilians in Tal Afar, 420 km (260 miles) northwest of Baghdad, on Friday, police said.
MOSUL - A roadside bomb wounded a soldier when it struck his patrol in eastern Mosul.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this