Jerry Springer out as "Talent" host
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jerry Springer is leaving his position as host of NBC's summer hit "America's Got Talent."
The TV personality said he's departing the show to focus on a summer theater production and his syndicated talk show.
"Got Talent" is the summer's most-watched show. The departure risks shaking up a formula that has worked well for NBC at a time when the network is trying to stem ratings erosion. The network did not comment on its plans for a successor.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets