Jerry Springer out as "Talent" host
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jerry Springer is leaving his position as host of NBC's summer hit "America's Got Talent."
The TV personality said he's departing the show to focus on a summer theater production and his syndicated talk show.
"Got Talent" is the summer's most-watched show. The departure risks shaking up a formula that has worked well for NBC at a time when the network is trying to stem ratings erosion. The network did not comment on its plans for a successor.
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat