Shepherd, Grammer get Lifetime's "Point"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Cybill Shepherd will star in Lifetime's comedy pilot "Alligator Point," which will be directed by former "Frasier" star Kelsey Grammer.
Written by Robert Peacock, "Point" revolves around an eccentric group of Floridians who find refuge in the Southern hospitality of Mae's (Shepherd) Oyster Bar. Their lives change when a Yankee (Lauren Stamile) becomes part of their disjointed family.
Brian Patrick Wade, Robyn Lively, Leslie Jordan, Joel McCrary and Charlie Robinson also have been cast in the multicamera project.
Shepherd, star of the acclaimed '80s series "Moonlighting," has had recurring roles on Showtime's "The L Word" and USA's "Psych." She will appear in the upcoming indie feature "Barry Munday."
Stamile, who had a recurring role on "Grey's Anatomy," stars in Lifetime's upcoming movie "Midnight Bayou."
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote on union with Russia as Moscow pours in troops |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Indian Ocean poses daunting challenge in search for missing Malaysia plane