New Booster Pack Coming for Anarchy Online!
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
- New End-Game Content Pack Soon to Be Released for Seasoned `Anarchy Online` Veterans - - In-Game Virtual Item, the Hoverchair, Included in the Booster as a Time-Limited Launch Offer! - DURHAM, N.C.--(Business Wire)-- Funcom is proud to unveil `Legacy of the Xan` - the new booster pack for the massively multiplayer online game `Anarchy Online.` The new booster pack features end-game content tailored specifically for seasoned `Anarchy Online` veterans, opening up new areas of the world, introducing new items and bringing hundreds of new missions to challenge players. This content upgrade is the latest in a series of expansions and booster packs that have been released for the classic sci-fi MMO that launched 7 years ago. "The `Legacy of the Xan` booster pack introduces new content for those who have reached the `Anarchy Online` end-game, by introducing areas, items, enemies and missions relating to the mysterious civilization of the Xan and their history on planet Rubi-ka," says game director Colin Cragg. "We are thrilled by the fact that `Anarchy Online` continues to capture the imagination of gamers even after seven years of operation, and we greatly look forward to bringing players even more challenges, content and improvements to the game in the time ahead!" The booster pack will be available on February 19th, but pre-order has already started. The booster is available for 19.99 US dollars or for a combined purchase using paid points and currency. Included in the purchase is an in-game virtual item known as The Phasefront Hoverchair - a unique, time-limited launch offering that allows you to cruise around on Rubi-ka in style! For those new to `Anarchy Online` it is also possible to purchase a complete package that contains the core game as well as all expansions and boosters previously released. `Legacy of the Xan` pre-order and the Phasefront Hoverchair is included in this complete package. For more information on the booster and how to get it, visit http://www.anarchy-online.com/Xan/ Launching back in 2001, `Anarchy Online` has enjoyed over seven years of operation and two million explorers have set foot on Rubi-ka in that time. Over six million avatars have been created, and over 200 million hours of entertainment has been served, or more than eight million days of playtime. `Anarchy Online` features a unique science fiction setting on the planet Rubi-ka almost thirty thousand years into the future, where players must complete dangerous missions and explore a strange, mysterious world as they master an arsenal of futuristic weaponry. Players can partake in the dramatic story-line that unfolds as they reach deeper into the mysteries of Rubi-Ka.`Anarchy Online` is also available in a fully free to play version. Has it been a while since you asked a friend to explore a new and challenging sci-fi world? ABOUT FUNCOM - Funcom is an independent developer and publisher of online games for PC, consoles and mobile platforms. Funcom has provided outstanding entertainment since 1993 and continues to expand its track-record of more than twenty released games. Recent titles include 'The Longest Journey,' 'Anarchy Online' and 'Dreamfall: The Longest Journey.' For corporate information please visit www.funcom.com. For information about Funcom games visit http://www.anarchy-online.com, www.dreamfall.com, www.darkdaysarecoming.com or www.ageofconan.com. Funcom is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker FUNCOM. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Funcom Erling Ellingsen, Product Manager +47 48 86 71 07 email@example.com Copyright Business Wire 2009
- Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes: coastguard |
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armored vehicles
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |