Man forgets thousands of dollars in toilet
BERLIN (Reuters) - A German businessman lost more than 10,000 euros ($13,000) in a plastic bag after forgetting the cash in a public toilet, authorities said on Thursday.
Hesse state police said the man took the "five-figure" sum with him as he stopped to relieve himself in a motorway service station near Haiger in western Germany. He then drove off.
A police spokesman said it was not clear why the man took half an hour to notice his loss -- by which time the money had gone.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- IPhone emerges from 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Fed renews zero rate pledge, but hints at steeper rate hike path |
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Islamic State campaign tests Obama's commitment to Mideast allies