Man forgets thousands of dollars in toilet
BERLIN (Reuters) - A German businessman lost more than 10,000 euros ($13,000) in a plastic bag after forgetting the cash in a public toilet, authorities said on Thursday.
Hesse state police said the man took the "five-figure" sum with him as he stopped to relieve himself in a motorway service station near Haiger in western Germany. He then drove off.
A police spokesman said it was not clear why the man took half an hour to notice his loss -- by which time the money had gone.
(Reporting by Dave Graham; Editing by Phakamisa Ndzamela)
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- U.N. told up to 500 killed in South Sudan clashes: diplomats
During Soviet times, Sochi gained a reputation for tolerance but the city's once vibrant gay scene has been shrinking as Russia prepares to host the 2014 Winter Games. Slideshow