Volcker: Crisis may be even worse than Depression
NEW YORK Feb 20 (Reuters) - The global economy may be deteriorating even faster than it did during the Great Depression, Paul Volcker, a top advisder to President Barack Obama, said on Friday.
"I don't remember any time, maybe even in the Great Depression, when things went down quite so fast, quite so uniformly around the world," Volcker said. (Reporting by Pedro da Costa and Kristina Cooke; Editing by Theodore d'Afflisio)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Russia media say Crimea votes 93 percent to quit Ukraine |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat