LG Electronics asks for patent suit against Kodak
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - LG Electronics has asked a trade panel to investigate possible digital camera patent infringement by Eastman Kodak, the International Trade Commission announced.
LG Electronics made the request on Friday.
The ITC is a popular venue for patent disputes since it can bar infringing devices from importation into the United States.
Samsung Electronics filed a similar suit against Kodak on February 17.
The ITC announced in December that it would probe Eastman Kodak's allegations that LG and Samsung had infringed its patents of cell phone cameras.
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Russia says it will respond if Ukraine interests attacked |
- Vote delayed on loan guarantee for World Trade Center developer
- Obama seeks to ease Asian allies' doubts during visit to Japan |
- Apple expands buybacks by $30 billion, OKs seven-for-one stock split