LG Electronics asks for patent suit against Kodak
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - LG Electronics has asked a trade panel to investigate possible digital camera patent infringement by Eastman Kodak, the International Trade Commission announced.
LG Electronics made the request on Friday.
The ITC is a popular venue for patent disputes since it can bar infringing devices from importation into the United States.
Samsung Electronics filed a similar suit against Kodak on February 17.
The ITC announced in December that it would probe Eastman Kodak's allegations that LG and Samsung had infringed its patents of cell phone cameras.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey as Islamic State advances |
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |