Spidey heads to Broadway, with help from U2 pair
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The long-in-the-works Spider-Man musical has an official opening date.
"Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark," directed by Julie Taymor with music and lyrics by U2 main men Bono and the Edge, will open on Broadway on February 18. Previews start January 16.
While no castings have officially taken place, Taymor has been conducting table readings with the young stars of her "Across the Universe" movie, Jim Sturgess and Evan Rachel Wood. Sturgess is not expected to join the musical as Peter Parker/Spider-Man, though Wood has publicly said the role of Spider-Man's Mary Jane Watson was hers.
(Editing by Dean Goodman at Reuters)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat
- Police make third arrest in murder of Colorado socialite
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources