More "Gossip" in store as CW renews 6 series
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The CW network has picked up six series to return in the fall: "Gossip Girl," "One Tree Hill, "90210," the Thursday combo of "Smallville" and "Supernatural" and the reality hit "America's Next Top Model," which has been green-lighted for its 13th and 14th seasons.
The ninth-season renewal for "Smallville" came after producing studio Warner Bros TV was able to secure a new deal with star Tom Welling.
"As we continue to build the CW Network as a destination for young women, these six shows have clearly contributed to strengthening our schedule and our brand identity," entertainment president Dawn Ostroff said.
Awaiting a decision regarding its fate is freshman drama "Privileged," which has developed a strong fan base but has been a modest ratings performer.
Renewal chances are slim at best for "Reaper," whose second season begins Tuesday, and for the CW's only two remaining comedy series, "The Game" and "Everybody Hates Chris," since the network has abandoned the genre.
(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’