Chile Wal-Mart affiliate D&S year profit tumbles
SANTIAGO Feb 27 (Reuters) - D&S DIS.SN, the Chilean supermarket chain that in January came under control of giant global retailer Wal-Mart Stores Inc (WMT.N), said on Friday its 2008 net profit sank to 20.998 billion pesos ($33.4 million).
In 2007 D&S had profit of 57.370 billion.
Wal-Mart, the world's No. 1 retailer, secured a 58.2 percent stake in D&S in January, leaving 40.1 percent of the company in the hands of brothers Felipe and Nicolas Ibanez Scott. ($1 = 629.11 Chilean pesos at the end of December) (Reporting by Manuel Farias, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data