No Doubt to rock "Gossip Girl" episode
NEW YORK (Billboard) - No Doubt, the rock band that Gwen Stefani fronted before embarking on her solo career, will make an appearance on the teen-friendly series "Gossip Girl" on May 11, performing Adam and the Ants' "Stand and Deliver," the group announced on its website.
The show airs at 8 p.m. ET/7 p.m. CT on the CW.
No Doubt's spot on the popular TV series marks another step in the group's return from an extended hiatus. Earlier this week, No Doubt announced plans for its first tour in more that five years. Its 45-city summer tour begins May 3 at the Bamboozle Festival in East Rutherford, New Jersey, and runs through August 1 in Irvine, California.
The group has been in and out of the studio for the past year working on a follow-up to 2001's "Rock Steady." No name or release date for the new album has been announced.
(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
(please visit our entertainment blog via www.reuters.com or on blogs.reuters.com/fanfare/)
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |