UPDATE 1-Frontier Airlines gets $40mln DIP commitment
*Republic to provide $40 mln DIP financing to Frontier
*Republic to get damage claim of $150 mln
*Agreement needs court approval
NEW YORK, March 5 (Reuters) - Frontier Airlines Holdings Inc FRNTQ.PK said on Thursday it received a commitment for $40 million debtor-in-possession financing from Republic Airways Holdings Inc (RJET.O).
The airline, which filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on April 10, 2008, said the new financing, which matures in April, preserves its stability as it seeks a plan to emerge from bankruptcy later this year.
It said that the financing comes with a condition that Frontier allow Republic a stipulated damage claim in the amount of $150 million. The agreement also needs to be approved by bankruptcy court.
Frontier already received $30 million in DIP funding from Republic and Credit Suisse Securities and AQR Capital in August 2008. Republic said in the statement that Frontier is on the right path to emerge from bankruptcy this summer. (Reporting by Sinead Carew; Editing by Gary Hill)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins