Italy fund to subscribe to Enel cap hike-sources
MILAN, March 12
MILAN, March 12 (Reuters) - Italy's government investment arm, Cassa Depositi e Prestiti (CDP), will fully subscribe its 10 percent stake in Enel (ENEI.MI) to a capital increase of up to 8 billion euros, three sources close to the matter said.
CDP will then pass its stake to the Treasury, the sources told Reuters on Thursday on condition of anonymity.
"CDP will subscribe to the capital increase as shareholders of 10 percent," one of the sources said. "Then the CDP will transfer its 10 percent stake to the Treasury."
The source also said the Treasury will get those shares in the form of extra dividends.
The Treasury owns 70 percent of CDP with the remaining 30 percent owned by banking foundations. (Reporting by Francesca Landini)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |