D.Boerse sees interesting strategic options -report
FRANKFURT, March 16
FRANKFURT, March 16 (Reuters) - German stock exchange operator Deutsche Boerse AG (DB1Gn.DE) has several interesting strategic opportunities, Chief Executive Reto Francioni was quoted as saying on Monday.
Asked if the U.S. IntercontinentalExchange (ICE.N) would be a good match for Deutsche Boerse, Francioni told German business weekly WirtschaftsWoche only that the company had several interesting options. "Not only interesting, but also relevant," he said.
A Deutsche Boerse spokesman told Reuters the company was constantly looking at growth opportunities but added: "We have nothing to announce at the moment".
Deutsche Boerse has said its focus is on profitable organic growth but it does not rule out acquisitions that create value for shareholders and customers. The company, which bought U.S. exchange ISE in 2007, has said it expects consolidation in the industry to continue.
At 0849 GMT, Deutsche Boerse shares were up 4.8 percent, outperforming the FTSE/Mondo Visione Exchange index's .FTMV, which was 1.8 percent higher. (Reporting by Peter Starck and Eva Kuehnen; Editing by David Holmes)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |