Prism Knowledgebase Crosses 50,000 User Registrations; Becomes the Primary Source of Free Log Management Expertise on the Internet
* Reuters is not responsible for the content in this press release.
* Detailed descriptions, cause-resolution information on over 20,000 events * Over 50,000 registered users * Complimentary access to the IT community * Fully integrated into EventTracker, Prism`s enterprise SIEM solution and EventTracker PULSE, Prism`s free log search utility COLUMBIA, Md.--(Business Wire)-- Prism Microsystems, developers of comprehensive Security Information and Event Log Management (SIEM) technology that enables logging in depth, announced today that user registrations on its knowledgebase crossed the 50,000 mark, making the website the premier source of free, in-depth information on event log data on the internet. Available at http://kb.prismmicrosys.com, the Prism knowledgebase is a searchable database of detailed descriptions and vendor neutral cause-resolution information on over 20,000 events generated by hundreds of sources including Windows systems, syslog devices, applications and more. Events can be searched for by any combination of ID, event source or fragments of the description field. Although available freely on the internet, the solution is also fully integrated into both EventTracker, Prism`s SIEM solution and EventTracker PULSE, a free log search utility launched in February 2009. "Unlike other websites that provide free information on log data, our knowledgebase is extremely detailed and updated daily by a dedicated team of specialists. Not only can users contribute new event definitions, but also request our specialists to research data not already catalogued. This is a valuable service that`s provided with no strings attached, you don`t have to be a customer or pay a fee to take advantage of it," said Steve Lafferty, VP of Marketing at Prism Microsystems. There is little doubt that managing logs is critical for compliance, security monitoring or IT optimization; however given the inherent obscurity of event log data and the lack of a standard logging format, the task of making sense of this data to extract any meaningful intelligence is tedious and requires system- specific expertise. "The aim of the knowledgebase is to deliver this expertise free of charge to the IT community and make log data readily understandable by all," added Lafferty. The knowledgebase is also a useful complement to EventTracker PULSE, free log search utility. PULSE allows system administrators to search through hundreds of gigabytes of log data to pinpoint critical events behind operational and security mishaps, and the knowledgebase provides detailed descriptions on this data for ease of troubleshooting and faster forensic analysis. Fully integrated and browsable through PULSE, the combination is powerful for IT professionals who are unable to get funding for a complete SIEM solution. About Prism Microsystems Prism Microsystems delivers business-critical solutions to consolidate, correlate and detect changes that impact the performance, availability and security of an IT infrastructure. EventTracker, Prism`s market leading Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) combines Log Management, Change Monitoring, USB tracking and Automatic Remediation in one high-value turnkey solution to optimize IT operations, secure IT assets and ensure compliance with multiple regulations. Prism Microsystems Harmala Singh-Francois, 443-539-3773 firstname.lastname@example.org Copyright Business Wire 2009
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- At least 15 die in Israeli shelling of Gaza school as toll exceeds 750 |
- Exclusive: Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet