Freddie Prinze Jr. cast in "No Heroics"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Freddie Prinze Jr. will star on ABC's comedy pilot "No Heroics," which revolves around four B-list superheroes living among us.
Three of the central characters will be played by Eliza Coupe, Arielle Kebbel and Canadian actor Paul Campbell ("Battlestar Galactica"), who plays the leader of the group, Pete, aka Chillout, a Canadian-born superhero who can freeze small objects.
Prinze will play his nemesis and tormentor, Bradley, aka Ultimatum, the personification of everything Pete despises and secretly wishes he could be. An A-list superhero, Bradley is a handsome, cocky and egotistical alpha male who has all the women and fame and money a guy could want.
With Prinze signing on for the "No Heroics" gig, both he and his wife (and "Scooby-Doo" co-star) Sarah Michelle Gellar are on comedy pilot duty. She headlines HBO's "The Wonderful Maladys."
For Prinze, "Heroics" marks a return to ABC, where he toplined the short-lived 2005 sitcom "Freddie."
(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, prepare for long haul |
- China OKs iPhone 6 sale after Apple addresses security concerns
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar reigns
- U.S.-led air strikes pose problem for Assad's moderate foes