Freddie Prinze Jr. cast in "No Heroics"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Freddie Prinze Jr. will star on ABC's comedy pilot "No Heroics," which revolves around four B-list superheroes living among us.
Three of the central characters will be played by Eliza Coupe, Arielle Kebbel and Canadian actor Paul Campbell ("Battlestar Galactica"), who plays the leader of the group, Pete, aka Chillout, a Canadian-born superhero who can freeze small objects.
Prinze will play his nemesis and tormentor, Bradley, aka Ultimatum, the personification of everything Pete despises and secretly wishes he could be. An A-list superhero, Bradley is a handsome, cocky and egotistical alpha male who has all the women and fame and money a guy could want.
With Prinze signing on for the "No Heroics" gig, both he and his wife (and "Scooby-Doo" co-star) Sarah Michelle Gellar are on comedy pilot duty. She headlines HBO's "The Wonderful Maladys."
For Prinze, "Heroics" marks a return to ABC, where he toplined the short-lived 2005 sitcom "Freddie."
(Editing by Sheri Linden at Reuters)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image