RPT-TABLE-Reuters/U Mich March final sentiment index 57.3
(Repeats to additional subscribers with no change to text)
March 27 (Reuters) - The Reuters/University of Michigan Surveys of Consumers' final March consumer sentiment index rose to 57.3 from February's final reading of 56.3 according to a report released on Friday.
Economists in a Reuters survey expected a final March reading of 56.6.
Below is a table of the survey's components:
March Feb Jan Dec Nov Sentiment 57.3 56.3 61.2 60.1 55.3 Current conditions 63.3 65.5 66.5 69.5 57.5 Expectations 53.5 50.5 57.8 54.0 53.9 1-year inflation 2.0 1.9 2.2 1.7 2.9 5-year inflation 2.6 3.1 2.9 2.6 2.9
THE SURVEY: The Reuters/University of Michigan Surveys of Consumers, a monthly series of data on U.S. consumer sentiment, are produced by the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Reuters has exclusive rights to distribute the data for six months after the release.
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- Alibaba surges 38 percent on massive demand in market debut |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |