- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Firefox 3 becomes top browser in Europe -study
HELSINKI, March 31 |
HELSINKI, March 31 (Reuters) - Microsoft last week lost European browser market leadership for the first time in years, when Mozilla's Firefox 3 took the top spot from Internet Explorer 7, Web analytics firm StatCounter said on Tuesday.
Mozilla Foundation's Firefox 3 had 35.05 percent of the European Web browser market last week, followed by Internet Explorer 7 (MSFT.O) with 34.54 percent.
"The move is partly explained by a small switch from Internet Explorer 7 usage to Internet Explorer 8, but also by growing market share overall by Firefox 3," Aodhan Cullen, the chief executive of StatCounter, said in a statement.
"The data shows that Firefox is closing the gap and is now just 10 percent behind all Internet Explorer versions in Europe," Cullen said.
In February Internet Explorer 7 had a global market share of 41 percent, followed by Firefox 3 with 24 percent, according to StatCounter. (Reporting by Tarmo Virki)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this